BF2142 Stats ELFH

Monday 25 May 2009

it is done...

it is done... alot of it actually...



fri finished my FYP... first playable game i had in 3 years... then went on to have steamboat....was exceptionally fun and enjoyable... too bad the night couldnt last longer... if i had a chance to do FYP all over again... i'd pick u all to me my fellow FYP-mates without a moments hesitation...


sat have scouts... did a whole day of team work activities... but dont think the boys really understood the meaning behind the games... perhaps need to debrief in a more proper fashion next time...


today... finally told PW i wanted to quit... and she got the message... next sunday my last day at sakae T2...



looking back... i feel genuinely sad that im leaving them... feels like leaving them in a lurch...


remembered when i first came in... i know nuts... the SVC crew then was fierce, yet understanding... they taught me everything there is to know...under their tutelage i became better...

strange...initially i joined sakae cos NTUC didnt plan my schedule for a long time and i needed money... first day of the job i find it hard... but somehow i like working there... i slowly begin to look forward to working at sakae...

still remembered how i used to hate one of the staff there... she couldnt speak english but kept bossing us around and scold us new comers for making mistakes...


also a teppan chief who screamed at me the first time i did teppanyaki runner and jammed up the whole place...


the old svc crew was a tad impatient... but sure as hell they trained me to be the best there is at Sakae T2... and hell i didnt get to be the best under them...but i damn well tried...theres nothing that can come close to them...ever...


but then slowly one by one the old svc crew left... getting replaced by new less experienced ones...suddenly i became the experienced guy and have to teach new guys...


the pace didnt slacken off though... in fact it became harder... everyday was a challenge to work and be the best i can and to learn the best i can... but i still loved the job then... back then i couldnt think of a better job than Sakae T2...


then the day came... when i was doing my job better than the full-timers there... the day came when i was finally ranked as one of the best at Sakae T2...receiving customer's compliment almost every week... i WAS the best... things was going so well that i reached my pinnacle at Sakae T2...


all the while the old SVC crew was being replaced... uncle tong left... replaced by ben... sin lee got promoted... jeremy finished his attachment... junaina left... danny left....

all that was left was the wonderful one and only me... i was the bright star then...i became the best i could ever be... i started to be aggressive... to want to get customer compliments to want everything... to be very unforgiving and uncompromising...generally i became an ass but couldnt see it...




and then i fell...



i fell from grace...from honor...frm the very thing i swear i will never fall to...


i fell to complacency...


i fell to myself...



i started to get complains from customers... from colleagues... from managers...


started to get scoldings for the things i did.... i didnt know why initially.... after all i still had that stuck up attitude of mine...


then 1 day i got scolded so badly by manager and customer that i was deeply shaken... they said i was the lousiest waiter they've ever seen... and then a manager threatened to fire me if my attitude didnt change...



and then i finally see it...


i see that i am no longer the best... i was never the best to begin with...


i was only the best when i work with the best...

and i failed...




i failed to work well with the new SVC crew that had replaced with old ones... i had worked alone and assumed that i was the best when in fact i am a far of ghost of my former self with the old svc crew...


and then i forced myself to start all over again... to relearn everything once more... to work better with the new batch of svc crew...


and from my fallen state i started to climb up again... i dare not aim to be the best again... i jus aim to do the best i can... to not want compliment but jus to do my job as i have done before my ascend to glory...


i accepted the new change and worked with it... and from the old uncompromising ways i changed to a more flexible way of doing things...


and then i finally see it...i see that the new flexible ways was full of errors... and when i try to correct them... i was met with setbacks after setbacks... side jobs were done haphazardly... things were done sloppily... and the management was fine with it...


when i try to correct it i cant... i got frustrated and reprimanded for it... i start to dislike working cos i find that i cannot make my presence felt... i started to dread working at Sakae T2....hate it even...



but still i have faith that things will turn out better... and that Sakae still needs me cos they have a lack of manpower...


but somehow i feel that i was wrong... on both counts.... things haven turned for the better... and i dont see it turning better in the near future...


and my presence was not felt at all no matter how hard i try....


i told myself its my duty to help Sakae until they have more manpower then i consider quitting and that im honor bound to do my job well...


but yet i still see people working there sloppily and get away with it...


it pisses me off...


and then the svc crew started to get replaced again... soon, joshua and 2 more threw in the towel... i told myself that soon it'll be my turn....



and i started to ask joshua to look for vacancy at his underwater world...


and jus 3 days ago i secured that job and i told Sakae im quitting....today PW didnt even put up a quality fight to convince me to stay...



still no matter how much i look forward to leaving sakae... im still saddened by this... its the closing of a chapter of my life... my life as a svc crew at one of the most prestigious Sakae Sushi in singapore...


no matter how much anger, sadness and frustration working there brought to me... i'll always remember the good times... the times we had laughing at work, having fun at work, sharing the satisfaction of letting a customer enjoy a meal at our restaurant... i'll never forget them... it'll remain etched into my mind and heart... no one can ever rob me of that...



to sum it all up... if i can ever turn back time... i'll never alter my decision to work at sakae sushi... i'd never hesitate to ever work with all of you wonderful characters... you guys really changed my life and for that you all have my eternal gratitude...and this i promise you all who had worked at Sakae Sushi T2 with me: if the world ever comes to an end, keep in mind, i'll always be standing by you, always...

No comments: